DFAS’ (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) mission is to lead the DoD (Department of Defense) in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. . DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving the country for government job. We offer rewarding government job careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. With various government job categories as full time jobs, jobs near me, part time jobs as well as online jobs
Vacancy Information: I&T Directorate; I&T Shared Services; Technical Support; Database Management
Opening & Closing Date- 23/08/2017 to 07/09/2017- Government Job
- Maintains, monitors, performance tunes, and provides backup and recovery support of databases using Oracle Database Administrator experience for full time jobs.
- Provides data management and technical support to other information technology specialists in support of a major automated information system.
- Ensures application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.
- Analyzes and plans for anticipated changes in data capacity and performance requirements.
- Installs, configures, and maintains large database management systems software.
Occasional travel – Less than 25%
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Background Investigation
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Served 3 months after initial competitive appointment in Federal Service
- Suitable for Federal employment with full time jobs
- Obtain/Maintain DOD-approved Cyber security certification
Basic Requirements: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. For vacancies below the full-performance level of the position, the basic requirement will be evaluated on a developmental basis. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process. Different job categories as full time jobs, part time jobs, as well as jobs near me
- Attention to Detail – experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards.
- Customer Service – experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs.
- Oral Communication – briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Problem Solving – identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions to full time jobs, part time jobs, as well as jobs near me.